The Campi review
The Van-Swing arm module is used to move the bike carrier to the side. This means that you can use your Campinambulle travel trunk without having to remove the bikes or take off the bike rack.
The swing arm is mounted on a towbar and is compatible with every make and model of towbar bike carrier.
- Standard ball joint: to fit the swing arm, you need a towbar with a standard ball joint (vertical plate with two or four holes).
- Swan neck: If your towbar has a conventional swan neck (bolted to the system), you must replace the swan neck with a plate (sold separately).
- Swan neck removable without tools: if your towbar has a swan neck that is removable without tools, it is unfortunately not possible to replace the swan neck with a standard ball joint, so you have to change the towbar.
The swing arm has a brace located at its right end. This part is fixed to the vehicle chassis.
- Fiat Ducato: the part is available as standard and delivered with the package (it must be drilled and sometimes cut by one to two centimetres depending on the Ducato model).
- Other vehicles: the brace must be made to measure to fit it to the vehicle chassis. You can do this yourself if you have metal-working expertise and equipment. Otherwise, it is a service that we can provide during installation.
Please note that the model’s trailer socket is a 13-pin socket. If your towbar is fitted with a 7-pin plug, you can add an adapter.
The swing arm is not approved for towing a trailer. There are 4 bolts to remove it and put a ball joint towbar back in place.